Welcome from PTA President
- Welcome to the last general PTA of the year!
Update from Ms. Rosa
- Good morning
- Thank you to Nicole for her work as President of the PTA
- Introduce new Assistant Principal, Ms. Bridget Nash. Comes to us from a District 75 school, P.S. 369. Excited to be here to work with us and to add to our community.
- Returning to the old schedule of ending the day at 2:40. Start time will remain the same. Monday will be professional development day. Tuesday will be family day. Summer program begins July 6, 8:10 to 2:40.
Budget report from the PTA Treasurer
- Handed out draft budget for 2016/2017, which we need to approve.
- Similar to last year, though art budget has increased as a grant of theirs has ended.
- $900 funding for 5th grade, which can be used for Broadway if the teacher’s/art committee want to bring it back or can find discounted tickets again
- Technology budget is used for computers, iPads, smart boards etc.….
- There was a move to accept the budget; seconded; budget is passed
Elections for the Executive Board for 2016/2017
- Election is not contested so there will not be ballots
- A goal for next year would be to help parents better understand the role of the PTA and get more parents involved
- Lucia, past PTA President, will step up to the role of ex-officio to coach the new presidents.
- Teacher Representative – Amy Vagelatos
- Member at Large – Raphael Gomez Luna
- New Parent Representative – Layale Hamdan (from ASD site)
- Co-Vice President – Meredith Finn-Beers and Jessica Miksis
- Co-Secretaries – Cindy Day
- Co-Treasurers – Radha Korman
- Co-Presidents – Nina Crews and Stephen Eustace
- A move to approve the roles; seconded; approved
Vote on one-time spending proposals for 2016-2017
- Have reserves from higher fundraising/lower spending over the last several years
- See handout of summary of mini-grants
- Cafeteria/Fans – passed
- All grades/Field Day T-shirts (ICT and ASD) – passed, 27 for, 1 against
- This is a pilot
- In lean years would need to eliminate
- Could look for a sponsor
- ASD-ICT Speech/Weekly Social Skills Group – passed
- 3rdG Word Study/3xWilson Foundations – passed
- 1st Grade/5 computers for math – passed
- 4th Grade/4-5 external drives – passed
- OT/10 Silent headsets – passed
- Science/Science Library – passed
- Science/Visiting Speakers – passed
- ASD/water bottle filing station – passed
- ASD/camera – passed
- Misc/Undoing Racism Workshop – passed, 1 against
- Suggestion to group the diversity proposals together
- Suggestion in future years to group like proposals
- All Grades/Student Voices Newspaper – passed
- All Grades/One School, One Book – passed
- Teachers/Responsive Classroom Training – passed
- Teachers/Teachers College Professional Development – passed, 1 against
- ASD/Gym – passed
Update on the Annual Appeal
- Have raised around 40K; around 40% participation
- Big change this year was that we raised the ask but received contributions at all levels
End of Year Carnival
- Out of time for this agenda item
Last word from Nicole
- There will be committees to sign up to volunteer next year
- Please sign up!
- Encourage your friends!
- Auction Committee, Hospitality Committee, Communications Committee, etc…
- Everyone can engage in one role!