Ms. Yvette Update
Thanks to the PTA for funding the field day shirts.
Curriculum conferences are tonight- no child care aside from the regular after school program.
June dates to be aware of:
- 6/23- Last day of regular After School
- 6/26 No school
- 6/27 Full day with no after school
- 6/28 is a half day with 11:40 dismissal
- 6/16- Carnival
- 6/8-Non Attendance Day. Staff appreciation day.
- 6/12-Non Attendance Day
Ms. Rosa Update
Tentative new school schedule next year: 8:20- 3:10 dismissal.
New lunch system called Point of Sale- children will get their lunch as usual. D75 kids are free always. Breakfast is always free for all kids. D15 kids lunch is either free, half price or they pay the full amount. The milk distribution is different. It used to be that kids could grab a milk. Now milk costs 25 cents. Parents should get a My School Bucks account. School will give families their student’s 9 digit ID number.
Arts and Science Day
Thanks to all who volunteered for an amazing day!
Thank you to Sarah Collins for leading the science activities. We will need artists to lead the arts activities for next year since Alise’s son is graduating.
PTA President- Nina Updates
- Parents as Specialists is June 2.
- Staff Appreciation Day is June 8th. We need volunteers! Rai Ariz and Julie Lipton are organizing the day. Please let Rai know and/or sign up on Konstella if you can help out.
- June 14th is the last PTA meeting of the year. We will hold elections for next year’s executive board.
- Carnival is June 16th. This year is free admission! Permission slips will be sent home. Volunteers needed. Beth Sutinis and Yara Ghossien are this year’s chairs. Thank you to Kevin McCallum who has run this event for years!
- End of Year Camping Trip- June 16-18. Taconic State Park Copake Falls.
- Election for PTA Exec Board will be held next month. Info session on Wednesday, 5/24 at 8:30am Please attend for information about the PTA executive board, committee leadership roles and school leadership team.
- Executive board needs- president (ideally 2), treasurer (ideally 2), recording secretary (ideally 2)
- Other roles that we would like to fill: Vice President (ideally 2), secretary, ex officio
- We will have a nominating committee which hopefully will be run by Michelle Dobson but if anybody who doesn’t want to would be willing to help out, please offer to help with the nominating committee by letting Yvette know.
- The election will happen at the next meeting. If there is a contested election, we will do paper ballots. If not, we will raise a hand in favor.
Radha Update- Treasurer
See last slide of Powerpoint for proposals; all proposals pass.