NOVEMBER MEETING AGENDA
- Welcome From PTA Co-Presidents, Merideth Finn-Beers & Jessica Miksis
- Updates from PS 372 principal, Rosa Amato, and parent coordinator, Yvette Agas-Bautz
- Introduction from Kathy Price, District 15 CEC Liaison
- Overview of 2 wonderful PS 372 programs:
- One School, One Book from Paige Mullins
- Border Crossers from Steve Quester
- Arts and Science Day event preview from Sarah Collins
- Treasurer’s Report from Desiree DeToy
- Annual Appeal Push
- Announcements & Upcoming Events
UPDATES FROM 372 PRINCIPAL, MS. ROSA
- Promethean boards for each classroom— now focusing on “specialist” classrooms such as Science and Art
- New phone systems/PA systems within next 6-7 months
- Focusing on theme of safety. There will be more safety drills. If true emergency happens, parents will get blasts on Konstella.
- Parent Academy: Border Crossers training (November 18) is just the beginning. There will be more academy sessions. Details coming.
- Ms. Marina started “Art Around the School”. Also includes 1st and 2nd graders this year.
- Construction. There will be new construction in the parking lot across the street from the school on Carroll Street. Spoke with Brad Lander asking if construction can please respect school hours. Be aware of our school buses, etc.
- Arrivals. Please bring children closer to whistle time when it’s cold.
UPDATES FROM PARENT COORDINATOR, MS. YVETTE (Yvette.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Last day to collect UNICEF boxes is Friday, November 10.
- No OT/PT workshop this Friday
- Parent/teacher conference. Half day. Pick up at 12:00pm.
- Lost & Found. 3 Large boxes in cafeteria. If not claimed will get donated.
- Thanksgiving break. We are collecting donations of food for CHIPS. November 13 CHIPS donations. Please drop off canned goods in bins near front entry. If donating a turkey, please bring no earlier than Nov. 20.
INTRODUCTION FROM KATHY PARK PRICE, DISTRICT 15 CEC LIASON
- Cec15 is a state mandated parent advocacy group.
- 3 things to know about CEC: 1. Independent from DOE. 2. Parent focused. 3. In position to advise Super Intendant.
- Brad Lander is working on bringing back the B71 bus.
- Let your voice be heard by attending a Dis 15 CEC meeting. There are two meetings a month. Next meeting is November 15 on “how to earn money for your school”.
- Please check out CEC15 on Facebook for more information about calendar events.
OVERVIEW OF ONE SCHOOL, ONE BOOK FROM PAIGE MULLINS
- Mission to showcase diversity in classroom literature.
- Recently sent out blast on Konstella highlighting titles past and forthcoming.
- Welcoming parent involvement.
- In search of title suggestions for books wherein the main character and author share identity being showcased. Bring your ideas to the committee please.
OVERVIEW OF BORDER CROSSERS WORKSHOPS FROM STEVE QUESTER
- Border Crossers is an organization that trains teachers and parents on how to talk about racism.
- Parent training will take place November 18 in PS372 cafeteria. 50 people may attend. Sign up will be posted by Yvette.
- Attendees will read, “Children are not Colorblind”. A parent suggested we post this literature on Konstella.
ARTS & SCIENCE DAY EVENT PREVIEW FROM SARAH COLLINS
- Arts & Science day is Saturday, January 20.
- Volunteers needed. Parents with ideas – please get involved!
- Open Mic event by Peter
TREASURER’S REPORT FROM DESIREE DETOY (email@example.com)
Fall Fundraising Events
- Pizza Friday
- Income to date is $30,582 (Projected for first session was $29,000).
- Expenses to date (pizza & tip) are $10,894.00
- Profit for the first session to date is $19,688.00.
- Annual Appeal
- Income to date is $8,636.00
- 10% of families have made contribution.
- Our goal for the year is 100% participation & $30,000.
- A great night of community building which brought in $830.00
- Pizza Friday
Annual Appeal Push
- Our goal is to have 100% participation.
- To date we have 10%.
- Your contribution no matter how large or how small is essential
A few highlights of PTA Spending:
- One School, One Book (both sites)
- Cafeteria Rangers (ICT site)
- Marquis Studios (ASD site)
- Kindergarten Creators program (ICT) & Social Routines program (ASD)
- Border Crossers
- Mini-grants for every classroom & specialist, lunch clubs & studios, grade wide programs such as chess, architecture study, opera, technology,
- Family Fun Day (ASD site) and one time expenses like a new sound system for the ICT gym and cafeteria.
- Roots & Community Thank Yous
- Wellness Committee Update (on behalf of Paula Szuchman) – they got a grant and figuring out how to implement. Please join committee if you have interest.
- Book Fair- 11/15 & 11/16 (ICT) & 11/20 (ASD) – sign up on Konstella to
- No PTA Meeting in December
- Everyone Please Sign up for school lunch by December (Please visit
- https://www.myschoolapps.com/ Our school code is 15K418.)
- 10 spots left in after school band for grades 3, 4 & 5 (6 Trombone, 1 Flute, 1
- Trumpet, 5 Clarinet)
- Foley Firs will give PS 372 $10 for each Christmas purchased through them.
- They will deliver and set up for free. More details to follow. www.foleyfirs.com
- Book Fair (11/15 & 11/16 (ICT) & 11/20 (ASD)
- SLT Meeting (11/15) 7:30 AM – Upper Science Room
- Parent-Teacher Conferences (11/16)
- Border Crossers Training For Parents (11/18)
- Winterfest – School-wide performances (12/20)
- Arts & Science Day – school family event (1/20)