Welcome – Merideth FInn-Beers— PTA Co-President
A Few Words from Ms. Rosa – Principal
- Collection for Puerto Rico was delivered to FDNY – very generous – Thanks!
- Occasionally will be other requests – donate when and whatever you can to help a family in need –
- Cassandra introduced as Instructional Coach for both sites
- Analyzing student work – help decide where students need help
- Check curriculum matching well with NYS standards
- Teacher support
A Few Words from Yvette – Parent Coordinator
- Morning Dropoff – going well – walkers, please stay with child(ren) until Teachers arrive
- Handing out Calendar of Events for School
- October 27th is Dress as Favorite Character from a Book Day – costumes and discussion of why you chose your character – & share book?
- Wellness Meeting soon – [check date] – invited to join and expand activities of group
MyFace – Introduction
- Organization addresses people with differences – focused on facial disfigurement
- Will be making presentations to entire student body – discussions with students
- Curriculum Guides for Teachers for Wonder and We’re All Wonders by R.J. Palacio
Roots & Community – Michelle Greenberg
- Event coming up soon – help still needed for tables and potluck – signup on Konstella
- Cultural Tables from many communities within The Children’s School – China, African Heritage, the Midwest USA, Brooklyn, LGBTQ, British Isles, etc.
- Celebrating and sharing cultural heritages – usually some food, games, activity, pictures at the tables
- Great family event – It’s FREE! – Kids love it – food, music, and fun
Jeté Dance Center – Tina Santana – President & 3rd Ave
- After-school Dance Programs – pickup kids from PS 372 for classes
- Educational Placement assistance for Middle School applications – good placement success rate for Jeté students in programs at various middle schools
Upcoming Events – Merideth FInn-beers— PTA Co-President
- Pizza Friday starts this week – one of PTA’s biggest fundraisers – can still sign up
- Next PTA meeting – November 8th at 6pm – evening meeting + childcare!
- Book Fair – Nov. 15th-16th – overlaps with Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Shop yourselves or pickup your child(rens) books
- Annual Appeal letter going out soon – a major fundraiser – please give what you can
- Please complete form for school lunch – school code is 15K418 – impacts funds the school receives, so we need every family to submit the form
Voting for New Parent Representative
- Peter Strong has been nominated
- Elected unanimously
Helping to Rebuild Mexico – Emily Mann
- Trip to area effected by earthquake – no Spanish necessary – some jobs manual labor
- Anyone with Social Services skills needed – i.e. Nutritionist – Spanish helpful
Volunteer at PTA events – Rafael Gomez Luna
- Everyone can help out, making a contribution and doing their share
- A lot of people each doing something and big things can get done!
Thanks for coming!