Serving as a Class Parent Liaison is an excellent opportunity to connect to your child’s class and to be involved in both the classroom and student/family community. Ideally, every class should have between 3-5 class parents.
The role of the Class Parent Liaison is to serve as a communication liaison between the classroom families, the classroom teachers, and the Parents and Teachers Association (PTA).
Responsibilities of the Class Parent include:
- Manage communication for classroom Events
- Class Parents will coordinate with the classroom teachers to determine the need for specific in-classroom activities and communications.
- Organize a Class Directory or Play Date Book (pre k-2nd grade)
- Attend Class Parent Meetings
- Attend PTA Meetings and encourage fellow parents to attend
- Solicit Volunteers for school events
- Coordinate donations from parents in your class
- Organize the production of Winter Festival Baskets and Arts Day projects with the classroom.
PLEASE SIGN UP by filling out the form below. You may also sign up by sending your name, your child’s name and class, and email address to the firstname.lastname@example.org or by signing up on the sheets posted on the wall outside your child’s classroom.
The first meeting of the Class Parent Liaisons will be held Tuesday, September 22nd at 8:30am in the cafeteria.
Cheri Anderson & Anne Baker
Co-VPs Community Outreach