School Hours at ICT Site: 8:20am – 2:40pm
Responsive Classrooms Begins at 8:25am
Students arriving after 8:25am will be considered late.
Walkers (Under Parent Supervision until 8:20am)
- Students enter the School Yard at the Whitwell Place gate entrance.
- Gate opens at 8:05 a.m.; closes at 8:22 a.m.
- Classroom line up will begin at 8:15 a.m. Students should find their respective line up positions and remain until a teacher has arrived to escort classes to their rooms.
- During this time we ask that parents continue to supervise their children until the class teachers have arrived.
- Students who arrive to their classroom after 8:25 a.m. are considered late. Students who arrive between 8:26 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. are to go directly to their classrooms.
- Teachers will begin to deliver attendance, to Dhalma and/or Nancy in the Cafeteria, between 8:46-9:00a.m. Students arriving after 8:46 a.m. are to report to the cafeteria for attendance.
- In the event that a student is late due to an MTA transit delay, the parent must inform Dhalma and/or Nancy on the day of the lateness by either emailing Dhalma at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Nancy at email@example.com. The lateness will be coded as excused.
Bus (Recreation Building/Gym)
- Recreation Building doors, on 1st Street, open to bus students only at 8:05am.
- Bus students in PreK, K, 1st and 2nd grades – will play in the small school yard under the supervision of school staff.
- Bus students in 3rd, 4th and 5th grades – will play in the gym under the supervision of school staff.
- Bus students who arrive on the school bus after 8:25am will not be considered late.
- Students who have missed the bus are considered walkers on that day and should enter at the Whitwell Place school yard entrance between 8:05 a.m. and 8:22 a.m.
Including: rain, snow, sleet, or temps too low to remain outside comfortably
- Walkers will enter at the Whitwell Place school yard entrance and be permitted into the gymnasium at 8:15 a.m. for line up.
- Parents are to remain with their child until teachers have arrived to pick up their class.
- Teachers will pick up students at 8:20 a.m. in the gymnasium.
- Line up begins at 8:15am in the school yard except for PreK students.
- Parents of PreK children will walk their child to the classroom at 8:20 a.m.
- Kindergarten line up in the gym at 8:15 a.m. and remain in line until a teacher has arrived.
- Grades 1st thru 5th line up in the school yard. Students find their classmates and remain in line until a teacher has arrived. Parents should remain with their child(ren) until the classroom teachers have arrived.
Parent Attendance and participation
- Friday Parents as Learning Partners will continue. A schedule will follow.
- All parents are welcome to join the line and accompany their child to the classroom in order to participate in Responsive Classroom Morning Meeting which will begin at 8:25 a.m.
- We ask that all parents leave the classroom when Responsive Classroom Morning meeting has ended and that all conversation be taken outside of the school building to minimize any hallway noise.
- We remind parents that this is not a time to engage teachers in conversation about individual needs.
- Starts at 8:00 a.m. in the cafeteria.
- All students are eligible for free breakfast.
- Entrance and sign in for breakfast will take place at the Carroll Street doors to the left of the main entrance.
- Breakfast door will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:15a.m.
- Only students eating breakfast will be permitted to be in the cafeteria at this time; the Breakfast program may not be used as an early drop off service.