School Hours at ICT Site: 8:20am – 3:10pm
Students arriving after 8:25am will be considered late.
Walkers (Under Parent Supervision until 8:20am)
- Students enter the School Yard at the Whitwell Place gate entrance.
- Gate opens at 8:10 a.m.; closes at 8:22 a.m.
- Classroom line up will begin at 8:18 a.m. Students should find their respective line up positions and remain until a teacher has arrived to escort classes to their rooms.
- During this time we ask that parents continue to supervise their children until the class teachers have arrived.
- Students who arrive to their classroom after 8:25 a.m. are considered late. Students who arrive between 8:26 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. are to go directly to their classrooms.
- Teachers will begin to deliver attendance, to Nancy in the Cafeteria, between 8:46-9:00a.m. Students arriving after 8:46 a.m. are to report to the cafeteria for attendance.
- In the event that a student is late due to an MTA transit delay, the parent must inform Nancy on the day of the lateness by either emailing Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling her at Ext. 5007. The lateness will be coded as excused.
- **Walkers do not enter the gymnasium for play.**
Bus (Recreation Building/Gym)
- Recreation Building doors, on 1st Street, open to bus students only at 8:05am.
- Bus students in PreK, K, 1st and 2nd grades – will play in the small school yard under the supervision of school staff.
- Bus students in 3rd, 4th and 5th grades – will play in the gym under the supervision of school staff.
- Bus students who arrive on the school bus after 8:25am will not be considered late.
- Students who have missed the bus are considered walkers on that day and should enter at the Whitwell Place school yard entrance between 8:10 a.m. and 8:22 a.m.
Including: rain, snow, sleet, or temps too low to remain outside comfortably
- Walkers will enter at the Whitwell Place school yard entrance. PreK and Kindergarten arrival during inclement weather will not change. 1st and 2nd grade will go directly to the cafeteria. 3rd, 4th and 5th grades will enter the gym.
- Parents are to remain with their child until teachers have arrived to pick up their class.
- Teachers will pick up students at 8:20 a.m. in the gymnasium or cafeteria.
- During inclement weather students are not allowed to play in the gymnasium, for this would create an unsafe environment. Children are to enter and sit with their class until teachers have arrived.
- Line up begins at 8:18am in the school yard except for PreK, Kindergarten and 1st grade students.
- Parents of PreK children will walk their child to the classroom at 8:20 a.m.
- PreK children enter through the Denton Place doors beginning at 8:15am.
- Kindergarten students may use the door on Denton Place (Closest to 1st St.) to enter the building. The doors will open at 8:15am and students will line up on the south side of the gymnasium.
- 1st grade students will line up in the cafeteria daily beginning at 8:15am. 1st grade students with parents will enter through the school yard and we ask that parents remain with their child until teachers have arrived.
- Grades 2nd thru 5th line up in the school yard. Students find their classmates and remain in line until a teacher has arrived. Parents should remain with their child(ren) until the classroom teachers have arrived.
- To keep the school yard safe as possible we ask that parents do not engage teaching staff in conversation in order that they can move children to their classrooms as quickly as possible.
(Kindly note that teachers are not accepting children before 8:20am)
Parent Attendance and participation
- Friday Parents as Learning Partners will continue. A schedule will follow.
- All parents are welcome to join the line and accompany their child to the classroom in order to participate in Responsive Classroom Morning Meeting which will begin at 8:25 a.m. It is expected that each class have one Responsive Classroom Morning Meeting that includes parent participation. A schedule will follow.
- We ask that all parents leave the classroom when Responsive Classroom Morning meeting has ended and that all conversation be taken outside of the school building to minimize any hallway noise.
- We remind parents that this is not a time to engage teachers in conversation about individual needs but rather to participate in classroom life.
- Starts at 8:00 a.m. in the cafeteria.
- All students are eligible for free breakfast.
- Entrance and sign in for breakfast will take place at the Carroll Street doors to the left of the main entrance.
- Breakfast door will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:15a.m.
- Only students eating breakfast will be permitted to be in the cafeteria at this time.
Kindly keep you child with you if he or she does not wish to eat breakfast at this time.