Most of these are multicultural stories or poems; all were recommended by a team from The Poughkepsie Farm Prgoject at the 2017 City Growers Education Conference.
- The Ugly Vegetables Lin, Grace
- Side by Side/Lado a Lado: The Story of Dolores Huerta and Cesar Chavez/La Historia de Dolores Huerta y Cesar Chavez Brown, Monica
- Laughing Tomatoes: And Other Spring Poems / Jitomates Risuenos: Y Otros Poemas de Primavera (The Magical Cycle of the Seasons Series) Alarcon, Francisco X.
- Rainbow Stew by Cathryn Falwell
- In the Garden with Dr. Carver Grigsby, Susan
- Charlotte and the Quiet Place Sosin, Deborah
- Our Community Garden Pollak, Barbara
- Xochitl and the Flowers: Xóchitl, la Niña de las Flores Argueta, Jorge
- Living Sunlight: How Plants Bring The Earth To Life Molly Bang
- Gathering the Sun: An Alphabet In Spanish And English (Spanish Edition)
Ada, Alma Flor
Salsa Argueta, Jorge
- We Came To America Ringgold, Faith
- The Color of Food: Stories of Race, Resilience and Farming Bowens, Natasha