General Meeting Notes
Wednesday, February 24, 2016
PTA President, Nicole Krieger – Intro + Overview
- Pizza Friday volunteers needed. Email will be going out.
- Midyear budget/finance update $40,472.17 revenue minus expenses. Valentines Day Dance did great $6,380.
- Annual Appeal/Pizza Friday on target.
- Annual Appeal is going well. Three more drives still to come.
- Garden Meeting 8:30 February 26. Plant Sale help needed.
- No March meeting. Email will be coming.
Arts & Science Day
- Our Next EVENT – YAY!
- March 19 12pm; Merged fundraiser, expect volunteer sign-up to be coming.
- WE NEED VOLUNTEERS TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN – Please sign up.
- Examples of Activities:
- Painting a mural for the back of the cafeteria.
- Rube Goldberg machine
- Sensory table top activity connected to art & science.
- Goop making.
- Class art projects for auction
Spring Auction, a David Bowie Glam Gala
- May 14th 6pm-10pm, Please come!!!
- Great committee is in place, currently collecting donations. If you have a donation, let president know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will also mobilize class parents or interested reps from each class to coordinate donations per class.
- Communications will be going out and there is an online form available. Auction is 1/3 of budget.
Executive Board for 2016/17
- Nominations for PTA Exective Board will be at May Meeting.
- It is very important to have a robust Board to lead the PTA and run all the administrative functions. Good to have new people with fresh ideas and younger children 🙂
- Please start thinking about whether you are interested in running for the EB next year.
- We will send out more communications shortly including having an info session.
- Co-President, Co-Treasurer, Co-Secretary – At least one of each mandatory the PTA to exist
- Co-VPs: Communications and Technology, Community Building, Fundraising, Garden, Green Initiatives & Grants, Hospitality
- Non-Officer Roles – ASD Parent, Teacher Rep, After School Liaison, New Parent Members at Large, we elect one or two at end of year and one more in the beginning from a family new to school
Presentation from the Meeting: