PTA of PS 372
General Meeting Notes
Wednesday, October 14, 2015
A. PTA President, Nicole Krieger
- Nicole welcomed everyone in attendance; primary focus of meeting is communication.
- First lice check went well
- Pizza Friday started, any questions please email email@example.com or visit http://inclusions.org/pizzafriday/
- Denise Maher came up and introduced new initiative Ban the Bottle-stop using single use water bottles at school events/fundraisers. Single use servings are bad for environment, use more energy, and are unnecessary.
Bring or buy your own cup.
- New Green Team; first meeting will be held in the upper science room this Thursday at 8:25am.
B. Financial Report – lead by Treasurer, Radha Korman
- Handouts of Projected and Actual Expenses Breakout & Chart distributed and reviewed briefly. We will e-mail copies.
- First collections for Lice Checks and Pizza Fridays taken; right around $30,000, similar to last year.
- Radha can usually be found in PTA office or contact via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Annual Appeal drive letter will be going out at the end of the month via email and as a letter in folders.
C. PTA Communications- what to expect & how to get connected, lead by Nina Crews & Pauline Treacy
- Team email email@example.com
- How do we reach you? Website, Newsletter, Email, Facebook, Twitter, Posters, Banners, Flyers.
- Looking for graphic design help for posters & flyers for events such as, Valentine’s Day Dance, Spring Auction & Gala, and Arts Day.
- Send us stories & photos for the newsletters.
- Power Points & Minutes will be on website.
D. Upcoming Events
- Book Fair- November 2, 4, & 5. November 5th parents can shop during Parent/Teacher Conferences.
- Roots & Community- November 14 Reminder will be going out. Please sign up to volunteer for a booth or entertainment.
- June 11 school wide camping trip. Email will be going out but you need to reserve ASAP.
- NOT MENTIONED: Equal Exchange is coming soon
E. Remarks from Mr. Artie, Principal
- Please continue to support PTA. Please sign-up for Committees
- Related Services in the midst of hiring staff.
- November 17 Family Visit Day open to observe class for day. Letter will be going out.
- November 5 Parent/Teacher Conferences ½ day
- Checking into budget for training into school based community programs.
- Partitions coming back around Thanksgiving or later; long-term goal is to have wall built in place of partitions.
- October 30 soft lockdown scheduled as per city mandate. Email will be going out with information.
- Ms. Sandi received an award from the NY State Dance Educators Association.
- Ms. Sandi mentioned Save the DATE for December 18 Winter Festival school wide participation