A. PTA President, Nicole Krieger
- Nicole welcomed everyone in attendance; thank yous for Root and Community, Book Fair, and Equal Exchange.
- City Harvest Food Drive going on until 11/20.
- Wacky Wednesday 11/25
- Second Cup of Coffee for new families on Wednesday, Dec.2 at 8:30 in cafeteria
- Open House Admissions 6pm on Wednesdays 12/2 &12/9
- Raise money for PS 372 while shopping (Amazon, Good Search, and Mighty Nest) Goodshop you need to create an account
B. Launch of the Annual Appeal
- “Asking” each family for $180 or whatever they can contribute. This is direct giving, tax-deductible contribution – no overhead. Money goes directly to students!!!!
- New logo “Like no other school in Brooklyn..or the planet!”
- Letters + e-mail going home soon.
C. Financial Report – lead by Treasurer, Radha Korman
- Projected and Actual Expenses posted on PTA board. Budget is transparent.
- Radha can usually be found in PTA office or contact via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See slide for revenue/expenses and some highlights from 10/1/15 – 11/18/15
D. Thanksgiving Raffle by Purple Kale Kitchen, tickets are $5.00. Drawing is Friday 11/20 10am.
Update: Yay Ms. Cathy Sarno won!!!
E. Reading 365 program, Ms. Aida
- Announced new reading initiative NYC Reads 365; reading should be fun!
- List of books on handout and on DOE website as well as additional resources.
- Two librarians coming to announce Reading 365 to kids.
F. Q & A from Mr. Artie, Principal
- Artie announced his retirement.
- C30 process on DOE website.
F. Surprise visit: Tom Foley Firs.com Christmas tree fundraiser
We ate cake!
See the Presentation from the meeting below: