October 17, 2018
Meeting commenced at 7:40 AM.
- Approval of Minutes 9/26/18
- Passed unanimously
- Review of Bylaws.
- Need changes to Mission & Vision due to change in Principal’s Advisory
- “discouraging” language removed re: teacher-parents running for SLT.
- Does “offsite” equal “ASD site”? Yes.
- Housekeeping concerning official list of SLT members.
- Term Limits: No need, not an issue.
- Delete Section 1.2.
- Committees to insert reports a week prior to upcoming SLT meeting.
- Szuchman to update Bylaws with proposed changes and circulate to SLT. Proposed changes to be voted on at November meeting.
- Diversity Committee
- Met 3 weeks ago, preparing for Roots & Community on November 3.
- Principal’s Update
- Chancellor visiting school tomorrow 10/18/18. Will meet with some teachers, talk about reading in general and dyslexia awareness month. Will show some activities at school, provide kudos to PTA, included all events being free.
- Local State Assembly member will also be here.
- On Quality Review list. R. Amato will work with VPs to ensure compliance. Long time since The Children’s School has been subject to a Quality Review. Based on 10 indicators. Asking for ASD site to be reviewed as well.
- All SLT members should be on a committee.
- Committees are presently: Diversity; Social & Emotional; and CEP.
- Proposal to discuss what committees to have at next meeting.
- Student Council
- Doing blind elections. Teachers will read essays without revealing the author. Kids vote on essay. One representative per class, with 2 other delegates.
Meeting concluded at 8:30 AM.
Date of next meeting: November 21, 2018.