Update: April 5: Check your myschools account for Kindergarten offer letters!
The Children’s School admissions for 2022, Virtual Open Houses:
- Monday, Dec. 20, 2021 at 9:00 a.m Watch a recording
- Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2022. at 3:00pm Watch a recording
- Monday, Feb. 14, 2022 at 9:00am Watch a recording
There are no additional Virtual Open Houses scheduled at this time.
The Children’s School is in year 29! All classrooms at the main campus of TCS include 60 % general education students and 40% special education students. Each class also includes two teachers – a general education teacher and a special education teacher, and one educational assistant. More information and video tours of both campuses are posted here. A limited number of in-person tours of our Carroll street campus are scheduled. Check back soon for upcoming dates.
- The Kindergarten application deadline for children born in 2017 for the 2022-23 school year has passed. The PreK application deadline is March 18, 2022. The best way to apply is online with MySchools.
- TCS is in year seven of the Diversity initiative and it will continue next year. The Diversity plan, like other schools in the D15 district, is designed to foster diversity within all our classes.
- Children are admitted to the Children’s School’s main campus by applying through myschools.nyc. This is for Pre-K and Kindergarten only.
- Children are admitted to grades 1-5 by applying at the school. Email Yvette Agas-Bautz for more details regarding grades 1-5 at email@example.com
Priority for admission is given to siblings first.
- Families should continue to monitor this website for up-to-date information.
- In person tours are possible and will be done by our Parent Coordinator, Yvette Agas-Bautz. Information about signing up will be posted here when it is available.
- Important websites for up-to-date information include:
o NYC families can use MySchools to apply to public schools from 3-K to high school. Get started by creating an account. Then explore your children’s personalized school options and get guidance on the admissions process from start to finish.
Grade Level Information:
Pre-K: Families with children born in 2018 should apply through Myschools, the DOE application platform, or by phone at 718-935-2009.
Kindergarten: The application deadline was Tuesday, Jan. 18, 2022. All families who applied by the deadline will receive a kindergarten offer in April.
Grades 1-5: Applications will be available in February for grades 1-5 applicants. If interested, please email Yvette Agas-Bautz at firstname.lastname@example.org Seats are currently available.
· Note that if you have a child enrolled in grades K-4 at TCS, your next child would receive sibling priority but you must fill out the Myschools application in addition to notifying the school.
The Children’s School’s Fort Greene campus is for students with IEPs with a 6:1:1 ratio only. For information regarding this program, please email the parent coordinator.