Our first general PTA meeting was Sept. 13 at 6:45 pm. Everyone with a child at either site of PS 372 is automatically a member of the PTA.
The recording is now available for viewing on Konstella. Minutes will be posted to inclusions, but in the meantime some highlights:
Important links, dates and information that were discussed (not exhaustive!):
- New Family Picnic, for families from both sites, held in the ICT Big Yard on Sept. 30 from 12-3 pm. More details coming soon.
- Call for ICT Class Parents. Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or look for the ICT Class Parent Liaisons Committee in Konstella
- Yankees Game, Sept. 23, 1:05 pm. We have almost sold out our guaranteed seat block, but are hopeful we can get more. Here is the form to fill out for the waitlist.
- The first Bike to School Day is Sept. 20. This committee is looking for volunteers.
- A school safety townhall will be coming soon from administration. Policies are governed by the DOE. (Links of interest: DOE’s Parent Guide to School Safety and Emergency Preparedness and some movement to update legislation. )
- Curriculum conferences will start the week of Sept. 25. Timing is dependent on classroom and grade, and specialists and therapists will have a separate schedule. Sign-ups will come from your teachers and Yvette.
- There is an early breakfast program. Students can enter the gates on Whitwell between 7:55 am and 8:05 am and go to the cafeteria for breakfast. The gates will close between 8:05 and 8:10 before opening for the school day. Students who arrive at 8:10 can still have a grab-and-go breakfast.
- Please avoid sending nuts, peanuts or peanut butter to school for lunch or snack. Because of food allergies, classroom celebrations will not feature food treats.
Sneak peek at October:
- The first Parents as Partners (parents visit morning meeting/participate in an activity after drop off) is Oct. 6, and will feature Reading. These happen monthly on the first Friday, with a different subject focus each time.
- Our first Movie Night is scheduled for Oct. 28. This committee is ALSO looking for new volunteers to help keep this great night going. Reach out to email@example.com if you can help.
If you have further questions about the PTA and aren’t sure where to go, start with firstname.lastname@example.org.