Thursday, April 29, 2021
This meeting was held remotely.
Update – Ms. Rosa
- Thank you so much for your patience as we navigate all the big changes that we are forced to make at the last minute at school. We are trying our best to accommodate all the needs of kids, families, and staff. Thank you for giving us your feedback.
- Please remember to thank your teachers and support staff!
- All children are eating outside for the most part, and are kept at six-foot distances when eating. We will continue to use every space in the school to accommodate social distancing. Students are often sitting on the floor, so if your child needs a mat or blanket, please send one in.
- Dropoff and pickup – please make sure your health screener is completed before you arrive to school. Please step away from the lines as soon as the student is done being checked for health screening and temperature.
- Summer School
- Summer Rising is a program for all students from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Chapter 683 is a summer program for students with 12-month IEPs. All students are entitled to this program if they have a 12-month IEP.
- PS 372 will only have Chapter 683 program, not Summer Rising program.
- PS 372 summer program ends at 2:30 p.m. so if you need afterschool care for your child, you must fill out the Summer Rising survey. For D75 students, you will fill out both surveys; Summer Rising will allow you to choose extended-day, to which your child will be bussed to from PS 372.
- Students at Adelphi Street this year will attend summer school at their site, not the main site, due to social distancing guidelines.
- Graduation & Step-Up ceremonies
- We are working hard at trying to figure out how to approach graduation and step-up ceremonies. There are no firm plans at this time for any in-person graduation ceremonies.
Update — Ms. Yvette Agas-Bautz, Parent Coordinator
- It has been a pleasure to see so many children back in the building.
- If anyone needs the link to the Summer Rising program, please contact me and I will send it.
- Parents. please activate your NYCSchools account if you have not already. All report cards are posted there.
- May 13 (Eid) and May 31 (Memorial Day observed) – school will be closed
- Please email me with any questions or concerns.
Stay@Home Gala – Report
- Thank you to everyone who supported us and attended this virtual event!
- We raised over $15,000!
Roots & Community – Report
- The first virtual Roots & Community was a success!
- Families enjoyed visiting all of the different worlds of our school
- There were ten different cultures/countries represented from our school community
- There was dancing, origami, cooking, games, globe spinning, storytelling and more!
- Thank you to all the families who participated.
Budget Report – Tania Ahmed, PTA Co-Treasurer
- Fundraisers for PTA
- Read-a-Thon made $22,000
- Direct Appeal 2020-21 made $25,000
- Stay-At-Home Gala made $15,000
- We have reached 70% of our fundraising targets for this year; let’s try to reach 100% of our goal by the end of year!
- Classroom mini-grants, technology, general support
- Teachers, please submit reimbursement requests promptly
- At the May PTA meeting we will be having elections for Executive Board and the three new parent representatives for the School Leadership Team
- More information about how to run, submit a bio, and details of each open position, will be forthcoming in the next week or two.
- Please note that the DOE requires that all meetings that include voting require pre-registration. Keep an eye out for the email with those details on how to do so.
- School Garden planting time is here! Kids are prepping the soil and have been planting seeds. The seedlings will be put in the garden in May. We will be getting perennials soon for pollinators.
- May Fun Run/Walk/Scoot – organized by a group of parents and will happen in Prospect Park. Watch out for details on Konstella soon.
- 5th Grade Graduation Planning – organized by 5th grade parents and teachers
- To our community for supporting each other
- To Kathleen Conner, Sarah Graham, and Callie Siegel for organizing the Stay@Home Gala and making it a success
- To Merideth Finn-Beers for her social media posts that give updates on fundraising progress and encourage participation
- To Brad Eichmann for his work on the PTA website and creating a new donation form for the Gala
- The next PTA meeting will be on May 27, 2021.
Submitted by Mimi Stauber-Levy
PTA of PS 372 Recording Secretary
June 17, 2021