Brad Lander is organizing a Public Education Parents Town Hall on Monday, October 22nd – together with ParentVoicesNY – to make sure that parent voices are heard loud and clear.
When: Monday, October 22 at 6:30 PM
Where: MS 51, 350 5th Avenue, Park Slope
To RSVP for the event, please click here.
They will be talking about parent organizing efforts to:
- Reduce the over-emphasis on high-stakes testing (crowding out well-rounded education for our kids, and adding stress to students and teachers alike), and shift to a better system of evaluation and support.
- Shape the debate about public education in the 2013 mayoral and citywide elections
- Address overcrowding in District 15
- Support John Jay High School
- Develop innovative PTA & parent involvement efforts to support all schools
- Support healthier food, gardening, and sustainability
Parents are essential partners in creating schools, and a school system, that best serve our children. But we can only make these kinds of changes by working together to advocate for the kind of education system we want to see.
Join Brad Lander and ParentVoicesNY on October 22nd to be part of this conversation and to learn more about what parents and organizers in our neighborhood are doing around these important issues.
Serving the neighborhoods of Cobble Hill, Carroll Gardens, Park Slope,
Windsor Terrace, Borough Park, and Kensington
456 5th Avenue, 3rd Floor * Brooklyn, NY 11215 * 718-499-1090
Click here to unsubscribe