Welcome and Thanks for Attending our Evening Meeting
- Gear and Gala ticket sales available tonight
- Recent Events funded by PTA (just before Spring Break)
- China Celebration – 3rd Grade
- Opera – 1st Grade
- Author visit – Javaka Steptoe – Grades 3 & 5
- One School, One Book (1S1B) – Autism awareness for April –
- Thinking ahead – Elections for PTA Board coming up – consider participating or persuading friends to step up – need some new people for next year.
- Testing today and tomorrow and again at the beginning of May
- No parents upstairs on these days
- Middle School Admissions – she has no advance acceptance info
- Letters should arrive very soon!
Ms. Bridget — School Safety
- ID will always be needed for entry – thank you for your help
- Lockdown drills – have been happening at various times of day
- Teaching kids what to do from different locations
- District is replacing some classroom doors that lock poorly, and we are trying to fund replacements for all classroom doors
- Currently have worked out hardware for locking doors (wedges, bars, etc.) so all can be securely closed
- Played a video of lockdown drills – mandated by DoE and shown to all kids – filmed with NYC 8th Graders
- New PA system work has started – hope to complete by February 2019 but would be nice if work finishes by September.
- Proposed to PTA and vetted by school administration and PTA board
- We do have enough funds to cover all of the proposals if we choose
- Technology Proposals – Mr. Doug (3)
- Fountas & Pinnell graded reading sets – lower grades
- Border Crossers – completion of teacher training
- Speech Therapy Tool Kits – both sites
- Language Processing Test/Articulation Assessment – both sites
- Black History Month Book
- Water Bottle Water Fountain – gym
- All proposals approved by membership vote
Auction/Gala – coming up on April 27th!
- Party is Adults only – located at Littlefields in Gowanus area
- Upcoming flash sale on tickets – Friday, April 13th
- It will be a fun night – over 100 tickets sold already
- Lots of great stuff has been donated to Auction – can bid even if not attending
Participatory Voting – please do it – it takes 2 minutes
- Our school is part of proposed Diversity Coordinator – shared with 2 other schools
- Any resident over age 11 can vote!