Welcome – Merideth Finn-Beers & Jessica Miksis, PTA Co-Presidents
- Glad you could make it, we have a lot to share with you & projects to vote on
- There are many events with the PTA at this time of year
Updates from 372 Principal – Ms. Rosa
- We have been doing indoor arrivals due to cold winter temperatures.
- Info going out soon about a school-wide health-education initiative
- K to 2nd Grade reading book Private Parts are Private and having class discussions/lessons with School Counselors. 3rd Grade prob. also.
- 4th & 5th Grades having HIV/health lessons & discussions.
- Student Council doing well – several projects ongoing
- Lego Robotics – school team ranked in competition
- Working to encourage girls in STEM activities
- Upcoming plan for a school-wide Engineering Week
Updates from Parent Coordinator – Ms. Yvette (Yvette.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- All PreK students have applied for Kindergarten seats
- 5th Grade Middle School applications – Students should be receiving interview/audition schedules. She has a master schedule, so contact her if you think you are missing information about something.
- Counselors will be doing a coaching session this week with 5th Grade on what to expect during the interviews/auditions.
- 4th Grade – in Spring, we will have a workshop on how Middle School application process works (3rd Grade students & families invited to attend too)
- During indoor arrivals, please go into the Gym with your kids and wait for teachers to arrive. Unsupervised kids should not be wandering around school.
- Lice Check Day – Daniella Townsend – come volunteer – no lice touching involved!
- Pizza Friday – Second session starts soon. New flyer will be going home this week.
- Arts & Science Day – Nina Crew
- Saturday, January 27th – Gymnasium – noon – 4pm
- Great event with lots of activity tables – kite making, roller coasters, slime!, print making, calligraphy, family music workshop, paper airplane engineering, + more
- Many opportunities to volunteer to help at stations or with setup – asking for 5 volunteers per class – adults, teens, alumni, all welcome to come help.
- Valentines Dance – Michelle Dobson & Scotte Hardin
- Saturday, February 10th – Gymnasium – 5 – 8 pm
- Great party for whole family – all the kids love it
- Fifth Grade doing food sales as fundraiser for end of year activities
- Balloon drop, DJ’d music all night, dancing, face painting, and more
- Quiet room available – with ear plugs to reduce noise levels if needed
- Read-A-Thon – Merideth & Jessica
- Coming soon! Whole month of February. Focus on participation not ability
- Informational flyers, Reading Logs, and Pledge Forms go home in backbacks in last week of January
- All participants get a certificate, those who read or are read to for different milestone minute marks get buttons as prizes
- Reaching a Minutes Read Level enters student for raffle to win prizes
- 20% of funds raised will be used for our School Library
- Last year funds raised enough money to update all classroom libraries and start a library for the ASD site
- Volunteers needed to help on Tally days (middle and end of month) Sign up on Konstella
- Auction and Gala – Rai Ariz – Coming up in April
- It’s the only All Adult event all year!
- Planning has begun – join the committee to help put the event together
- Location will be off-site again – working to lock in the venue
Treasurer’s Report – Desiree Detoy (email@example.com)
- Annual Appeal
- We have reached our Annual Appeal goal!
- 25% of families participated and over $32,000 raised!
- Both increased over last year
- Opportunities continue throughout year for PTA fundraising and events
- Our major fundraisers each year are Pizza Friday, Annual Appeal, Spring Gala & Auction, and – in its 2nd year – the Read-a-thon
Presentation and Vote on Spending Initiatives – Merideth & Jessica
(details in attached Agenda)
- Air Conditioning for Cafeteria
- Dance Mirrors for ASD site
- Blackout curtains for Gym
- Outdoor lighting for school yard
- Water bottle filling stations/water fountains
- Storage Unit for After School Program
- All projects approved by General Meeting
One-Time Grants – Merideth & Jessica
- Notice for applications will be sent out in February
- Deadline for proposals will be in March
Thank you all for coming!