A group of concerned parents has been meeting to discuss ways to counter Islamophobia in the community to show respect for diversity at our welcoming school.
Here are some resources parents and teachers may find useful:
- The New York State Council for the Humanities’ “Muslim Voices” program
- The DOE’s brand new teachers guide to Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha
- The Religions in my Neighborhood curriculum, by the Tannenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding
- Teaching Tolerance website
- First Amendment Center’s Teacher’s Guide to Religion in the Public Schools (PDF)