The Children’s School
SCHOOL LEADERSHIP TEAM
Minutes – December 19, 2018
Meeting called to order @ 7:30
- October minutes approved
- Chris Fladgate volunteered to serve as backup secretary
- Matt Miller to complete November minutes and the two will rotate moving forward
- Recent Evacuation
- School has de-brief meeting with parents on 12/18.
- On 12/12 school PTA received email about threat to school. School was evacuated quickly (main building – within 3 mins; pre-K and K building – within 3 minutes) around 1:15pm.
- Got OK to relocate immediately. 429 children 116 adults to PS 32.
- Buses re-routed and notification to parents around 2:30pm. Cannot notify parents until senior field counsel from DOE approves it.
- Parents have asked for text messaging system in future
- All children fine. One child very upset.
- Kids released after parents had signed for children plus enrichment, after school and buses.
- Cannot take photos and post on social media. Certain parents were told to remove photos from social media.
- Parents on SLT felt it went very well and school should be commended on their quick and professional response.
- Had a good meeting in November
- Looked at how administration is tracking current goals
- Next meetings:
- January 9, 4:30pm: input in parent handbook
- February 28, 4:30pm: goal #5 – reading data
Meeting ended: 8:16am
Date of next meeting: January 16, 2019.