Meeting called to order @ 7:40 AM
- Unanimous approval of April and May minutes
SLT Timesheets & Elections:
- Have been handed out and should be returned to Toniann on or before Tuesday, June 26.
- Election results to come for this year. Paula Szuchman, Laure Mantell and David Tipson have been elected.
Parent Feedback on CEP:
- Parents met last week. Lot of good information.
- Administration has been working hard on the CEP.
- Need to create a solid calendar around CEP.
- Always an ongoing process. Rosa to comment on parent notes on CEP.
- First draft due June 29. Second round due at beginning of September. Additional reviews in November, February and May.
- Access to data and surveys is online.
- Parents to schedule conference call to discuss their goal further.
- New staff SLT members: Shari Zisman, Kiyana Smith and Sharon Barone re-elected. David Nielsen, and Francis Marone elected. Debbie Finger-Gordon new UFT Chapter leader.
- School spent money on color coded badges to be worn next year for substitute teachers, visitors etc.
- Discussion around production of school handbook/resource guide. PTA can probably provide funds, but not resources to create this document.
- All SLT parents should serve on a committee.
- Principals’ advisory committee re-wrote philosophy and mission statement of school – to be provided to teachers. States CEP goals and how they are being met.
- New hiring committee: group of teachers and Rosa Perez Leonetti review and interview. Hired 2 paraprofessionals who have completed their training and certification. New teacher in Kindergarten. Teacher offered position in Pre-K. ASD STEM position has been offered. New 5th grade teacher.
- Teachers retiring, going on child care leave, one going to another school. About 7 positions to fill. More than usual.
- No report.
Social-Emotional Community Building Committee:
- No report.
Meeting ended: 8:30 AM.
Date of Next Meeting: July 18, 2018.