Meeting called to order @ 7:40 AM
- No quorum, so no approval of April minutes
2018-19 SLT Elections:
- Term expires for David, Cheri, and Paula and they will not run again this year.
- General discussion as to staff representation
- Maybe need to review Bylaws re: ASD site. Might be better to view composition on an organizational basis, rather than site-by-site.
- Election has to occur after PTA Elections. PTA Elections document going out today. Info session on May 23 in cafeteria. Laura Mantell to run nominating committee.
- Rosa requests that all returning parents on SLT review CEP goals.
- Rosa distributed goals.
Guide to Parent Teacher Interactions:
- Guide can be created with certain goals to be incorporated into CEP.
- Cheri suggested parents meet together to discuss the development of this goal.
- Should occur before June meeting
- Jessica spoke of some issues that arose with kids and it was not obvious how parents would then raise/discuss issue with school.
- In part, related to issue of re-purposed day. Rosa trying to stop a vote occurring every year.
- Rosa suggests creating a document – like a parent handbook – that can be updated and developed over time.
- Maybe also a curriculum handbook.
- Provided across other agenda items.
- Michel absent, so nothing to report
- Welcome to New Families event today
- Staff Appreciation Lunch on Chancellors Day (June 7)
- Carnival will include ASD site this year
- Luna Park wristbands selling well
- Gala a great success
- No report.
Social-Emotional Community Building Committee:
- No report.
- Getting ready for Wellness Fair on May 19
- Cookbook project has been a great success
- Volunteers still needed
- Rosa working on this too
- Thank you to Paula for organizing and all her efforts
Meeting ended: 8:20 AM.
Date of Next Meeting: June 20, 2018.